2022/12/05 9 AM
Mass spectrometry is an analytical technique that has a growing number of applications. It is used in environmental, toxicological, diagnostic, clinical, pharmaceutical and toxicological studies. Today’s mass spectrometers are a whole family of devices that differ depending on the dedicated application.
During the course, participants will learn the fundamentals of mass spectrometry, types of ion sources and mass analyzers, mass spectrum evaluation. Tandem mass spectrometry and its application will also be discussed.
The online course takes place on clickmeeting platform and takes five hours.
Training “Fundamentals of mass spectrometry” is dedicated for scientists who starts their adventure with mass spectrometry, students, and experienced scientists. It is very good choice for everyone who have experience in sepration techniques like HPLC or GC and want to apply mass spectrometry in their daily routine.
- Principles of ions separation
- Ionization and ion sources
- Mass analyzers
- Overview of mass spectrum (molecular ion, m/z, charge state, resolution, isotopic envelope)
- MS/MS – how does fragmentation works? – fundamentals of tandem mass spectrometry
- Application of mass spectrometry